You know, I’ve been talking about this from day one, and we’ve been putting quite an extraordinary amount of effort into this as party of our new business… Its interesting that what’s going on in the real media world, and business IT world too is just starting to sniff this path as the “next big thing”…
It’s the current zeitgeist, you know. To me it feels like the first sniffs around the web back in 95-96 and the buzz is there in equal measure.
1. Ok, its been around a while, but in a very underground way. Reminds me of when modems became cheap and ISPs actually became accessible to normal people, rather than uber-geeks only.
2. The technology is just about getting solid and worthy. Reminds me of when NSCA browser turned into Netscape 1.0.
3. It’s moving from an individual/hobbyist userbase to a business/corporate angle. Reminds me of when most homepages were geeks and designers and most corporations didn’t even have a website. Suddenly, they all wanted one and empires were built on those version 1.0 and 2.0 website jobs.
4. Bill Gates makes a speech about it to business. This is EXACTLY the same as (after the old MSN on proprietary ‘blackbird’ technology) Gates announced that the internet was now their number one priority. Look what happened.
5. I smell money. Lots of money.
6. There are a number of Web Design Agencies around (joke). How many Blog Design agencies are there?
7. See 5.